Admirals Forum

Admirals Forum

notification_important CHAMPS!

The Admirals and Combines got back at it for game 2 in the best 2 out of 3 series for the NSP A Division Championship in this Wednesday 6:30PM game.

After taking game 1 the night before, the Admirals had champagne on ice waiting in the parking lot and were hopeful to wrap up the series to avoid player availability issues for a game 3 that had still not been officially rescheduled from it's original September 7th date.

The game started much the same way as game 1 did with teams swapping tasty donuts (which everyone knows are tastier than doughnuts) in the 1st.

In the 2nd, the Combines broke the shutout, plating a run to take an early 1-0 lead.

The Admirals tied it up in the 3rd, and finally busted one open in the 4th, posting a snowman to build a 9-1 lead.

After swapping donuts in the 5th, the Combines' bats got going in the 6th - everyone in attendance knew it was going to happen eventually - plating 4 runs to cut their deficit in half.

After sitting the Admirals down in order in the bottom half, the never-say-die Combines' bats picked up where they left off and before you could say Matchbox 20, they had tied the score and had the go ahead run on 3rd with only one out.

An infield ground out and a fly out to left followed, and the Admirals escaped the inning without further damage, needing only one run for the walk off Championship.

Dunner got it started with a lead off single. Antonio followed with a single to right that saw pinch runner Tim skate easily to 3rd.

With a shallow playing Combines outfield, up came Jomo with a chance to be the hero. Unfortunately, Jomo's big triples swing just missed and yielded a shallow fly ball to right that was tracked down nicely by the Combines' second baseman.

[ INSERT SOUND OF CASH REGISTER HERE ]

Up next with a chance to walk it off was Duran. After a little delay that saw the Combines contemplating putting Duran on to face Dean, they decided to pitch to him.

Note: Not actual NSP trophy, as such a trophy does not existOn the 2nd pitch, Duran delivered, punching a ground ball through in the infield, which saw Tim skate home for the walk off win.

And with that, the Admirals had won the NSP A Division Championship in their inaugural season.

Lots of feels in the parking lot as the team waited for DC and Jay W to show before popping the champagne.

Once there, the team raised a glass to Grambo and Vegas who could not make the celebration.

During his post-game presser, team skip Dunner was quoted as saying this when asked about how he felt about winning the A division championship in the Admirals' inaugural season in the NSP: "11 years with the WMSPL Falcons, and we were bridesmaids 4 times. First year with the NSP Admirals, and we're champs! I am feeling very proud! Proud to be part of such a good bunch of ball players! Proud to be part of such a great bunch of guys!"

Dunner then took a moment to pose for a picture for the Clarington Times:

Statistical Shout Outs

Sean "Proud as a Peacock" Dunn for going 3 for 3 on the night, with 1 RBI and 2 runs scored.

Antonio "Fit 4 Life" Silva for going 3 for 4 on the night, with an RBI and a run scored.

Tim "I'll run for you...for $5" Gibson for going 2 for 3 on the night, with a triple, 2 RBI and a run scored.

Marty "Close Only Counts in Horseshoes, Hand Grenades, and Throws to Marty" Robertson for going 2 for 3 on the night, with 1 RBI and 2 runs scored.

Marlene "Antonio's GF" for having 4 for 4 playoff attendances that saw the Admirals go 4-0

Team Fines:
Goodwin: $5 (hitting into inning ending double play)
Jomo: $5 (stranding a runner at 3B with less than 2 outs)

The team fund sincerely thanks you for your contributions! :)

Boxscore:

Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Final
Combines 0 1 0 0 0 4 4 9
Admirals 0 0 1 8 0 0 1 10
Tags: win, combines, playoffs, finals, walk off, champs
Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 8:43AM
Comment #1

Maybe it's a good thing there is no such NSP trophy. I have no hands to hoist it up with.

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 10:17AM
Posted by: Dunner
Comment #2

After our win in Game 1 on Tuesday night, I came home soaking wet from the post-game celebration. I couldn't sleep so I was standing outside my house at 3am. My wife was fast asleep as she only sleeps when it's raining. My wife eventually came outside and said its cold outside and she handed me my raincoat (she always worries about things like that). My wife is kinda bossy, all she does is push me around (and she does, she does). What she didn't understand I was trying to focus on game two and couldn't sleep.

I stayed outside a bit longer as I was looking at the moon through the clouds and I swear the moon didn't hang quite as high as it used to. After I while I decided to come inside as it was 3 am and I must have been lonely. However, I'm not sure it was really 3 am as the clock on the wall has been stuck at three for days and days.

When I went to bed I faded into sleep thinking about us being victorious in game 2. I keep repeating “I wanna take you for granted, I wanna take you for granted... Well I will”. And although it was a hard fought victory, I took it for granted we would be victorious.

Great series & season boys!!!

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 10:37AM
Posted by: Jomo
Comment #3

Jomo...best post ever!!!!

Great season with a great group of guys.

Looking forward to the Champions Party. I miss you guys already.

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 10:41AM
Posted by: Marty
Comment #4

Bahahahahaha! Love it Jomo! Love it!

Grambo, sing it with us! :)

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 10:44AM
Posted by: Dunner
Comment #5

Bahahahaha..Even a broken clock is right 2x a day..
#knowledge#wisdom

Great SEASON!!!

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 11:42AM
Posted by: DC
Comment #6

Here's hoping there isn't a random 90s band world tour next September or we'll lose Graham for the playoffs next year as well.

Well done boys

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 12:10PM
Posted by: poutine
Comment #7

Encore…

Basking in the afterglow of this championship is mind blowing, but I’m not crazy, I’m just a little unwell. I know right now you can’t tell. But stay awhile and maybe then you’ll see a different side of me. That celebratory champagne last night was delicious, I couldn’t get enough and I may have drank a little too much but I’m not crazy, I was just a little impaired. Right now you don’t care but soon enough you’re gonna think of me and how I used to be… me.

On my way into work today I was talking to myself in public and dodging glances on the train. And I know, I know they've all been talking about me I can hear them whisper and it makes me think there must be something wrong with me.

But there’s not, I’m part of the 2017 champion Admirals team!

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 1:31PM
Posted by: Jomo
Comment #8

I think Jomo really was up at 3:00 AM feeling lonely...keep em coming.

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 1:41PM
Posted by: Marty
Comment #9

Impressive jomo. Great season guys. Thanks for making this happen.

I heard vanilla ice and colour me bad are touring next summer so I might have to miss another game.

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 2:38PM
Posted by: Graham
Comment #10

Actually beattie told me its spelt Color Me Badd, he noticed it on the drive home in Duran's car when looking through Duran's CD collection in his corvette. All while they both singing along to I want to sex you up.

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 5:51PM
Posted by: Poutine
Comment #11

Who is Color Me Badd

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 5:53PM
Posted by: Beatty
Comment #12

With what Jomo does with his bat before stepping into the batter's box, I think I wanna sex you up by Color Me Badd would be perfect for his walk up song! :-P

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 6:15PM
Posted by: Dunner
Comment #13

That a great idea, we spend some of the team money towards a bluetooth speaker and we have walk up music play as we come up to bat!

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 6:21PM
Posted by: Jomo
Comment #14

Jomo's molestation of baseball bats is the reason I don't bring my kids to games

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 6:23PM
Posted by: Poutine
Comment #15

Bragging and boasting like a typical TOURNAMENT TEAM

#Assholes

PS: Remember me. I'm Doug, I'm on the team and never attend.
I want my Championship Hat, Sweater, Jacket and Ring shipped to a guy I owe $10,000 to in Vegas - maybe that will convince him to release me from this dank, yet surprisingly sweet smelling dungeon.

#MaybeIt'sTimeToComeHome

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 6:27PM
Posted by: Vegas
Comment #16

Poutine my only music collection is a binder completely full of Duran Duran CD's.

My walk up song is Hungry Like a Wolf.

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 7:36PM
Posted by: Duran Spray
Comment #17

I'm just glad you had the "reflex" to hit the game winning hit last night

Posted on: Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 7:39PM
Posted by: Poutine
Post your comments about this topic: